Our privacy and cookies policy
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, readers, and service users. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the service. By using the service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Collection of personal data
We may process data about your use of our website through a third-party analytics tracking system, such as Google Analytics. This usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use. We may process your account and profile data, which will include your name and email address and any other demographic information you voluntarily provided to us. This information is used only to provide you with our services and communicate with you. We may also process information you supply to us in contributing to our website or in transactions, including purchases of goods and services. Also, we may process information you gave us in subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters.
How we use your personal data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
To communicate with you
To provide and maintain the service
To notify you about changes to our service
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
To provide customer care and support
To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the service
To monitor the usage of the service
To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
Providing your personal data to others
Financial transactions relating to our website and services may be handled by our payment services providers. We will share transaction data with them only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunds, and dealing with queries. Personal data that we process for any purpose will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. Additionally, we use a third-party email provider to send our monthly emails to users who have opted in to our mailing list. We share your data with this provider solely for the purpose of sending these emails.
Security of personal data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We will take appropriate technical and organizational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse, or alteration. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
To comply with a legal obligation
To protect and defend the rights or property of VB Editorial
To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
To protect against legal liability
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
• The right to access: You have the right to confirm the personal data we have on you and we must provide access if you request it.
• The right to rectification: You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you corrected and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
• The right to erasure: Also known as the “right to be forgotten,” you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay for any reason. There are a few exceptions to this right, though, if we are complying with a legal obligation or defending against a legal claim.
• The right to restrict processing: In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. That could happen if you contest the accuracy of the data or we no longer need the data, but you would like it retained for legal reasons.
• The right to object to processing: If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests.
• The right to data portability: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
• The right to complain to a supervisory authority: If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
• The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to handle your data at any time.
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Personal data of children
Our website and services are targeted at persons over the age of 16. If we have reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete it.